Here's some photos of the "Graphic Trial 2008" gallery space and the exhibit for "Japan Design 1950". A side note: Japan graphic design in the 50's was incredible...still is pretty unique today.
The collection of lead type alone had Matt dizzy. The kanji (the Japanese alphabet) lead and wood type blocks were just amazing, especially the 3.5 point size! As you might imagine, VERY delicate stuff to handle. We got to make some sample cards in an old letterpress style set up as well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for any fans of graphic design and print work.








3 comments:
Always great to see shots of you guys and he LARGE, "cushie" hotel your are in. Looks like you are really having a wonderful trip, seeing lots of neat stuff plus really experiencing new adventures. Keep it all comin'. Love to you, Mom
Wow! You kids have done more cool things in this trip than I have my whole life. I got tired just reading about them.
Sorry you had to rough it in that hotel. I think we need to start vacationing with you. We've been doing it all wrong. Love you guys, take care, keep posting!
Woo whee! I hear there's a Disneyland in Tokyo, but I'm not sure why -- Tokyo looks like Disneyland to me. Those night shots are great! Print Museum looked to be right up your alley. Did you happen to see The Artist Formerly Known As Prints? Please continue taking lots of night shots -- I love the lights! (Do they have the old "neon arrow" style Holiday Inn signs there?) Love to all, Sincerely Arsenonymous Maximus
Post a Comment